Table of Contents
- 1 Best product for cleaning leather car seats
- 2 1) TriNova Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
- 3 2) KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
- 4 3) Lexol leather care kit: Conditioner and Cleaner
- 5 4) Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
- 6 5) Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Conditioner and Cleaner
- 7 6) Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
- 8 7) Meguiar's G10916 Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
- 9 LEATHER CAR SEAT CONDITIONING and CLEANING GUIDE
- 10 Types of leather you will find in modern day cars
- 11 What causes damage to your car leather seat cover
- 12 What's the best way to clean leather car seats
- 13 How to condition leather seats
- 14 Best practices to maintain leather car seats
- 15 Conclusion
Best product for cleaning leather car seats
Choosing best quality leather cleaner & conditioner is a tough task. In this section we will make this job easier for you. Please note: most of the product we reviewed is in practical used by us or we have taken personal interview who have used it first-hand. So let’s get started with the top 7 Best Car Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.
1) TriNova Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Trinova leather care is one of the best car leather cleaner out there. Providing both cleaning and conditioning option, it offers the best value for money. With most of the leather cleaner, you will have to purchase conditioner separately. But it is different with TriNova leather care. It has both cleaning and conditioning feature.
Trinova is one of the Best Car Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Leather furniture cleaning, handbags or leather boot cleaner it works for many things. The unique combination of TriNova will help you to restore faded, cracked car leather. Trying it firsthand, we found that it is one of the best leather conditioner for cars.
2) KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
KevianClean Leather Cleaner and Conditioner is a premium leather care pack. It is one of the best products for cleaning leather car seats. Though, it is expensive but it is not confined to taking care of leather parts only. Besides taking care of auto interior leather upholstery you can apply it to much more. For example: cleaning car dashboard, vinyl parts, bags, etc.
The solution perforates deep in to the pores of leather and restores dry & dull leather. This product is well-known for giving a fresh and premium matte look. Moreover, you will love the light fragrance after applying a small amount to your upholstery.
3) Lexol leather care kit: Conditioner and Cleaner
Lexol leather care kit offer the best value for money. The original care kit consists of 8 ounce (302.39 g) cleaner, 8 ounce (302.39 g) conditioner and 2 sponges. It can take care of auto interior leather, leather apparels, shoes, handbags, gloves, etc. Lexol leather cleaner is free from alcohol, wax, oil or any other interferes. This specific feature makes sure that the grimes or dust doesn’t get trapped during the cleaning process.
Lexol conditioner doesn’t contain any silicon elements in it. And for this the leather doesn’t dry out over time. Regular uses of lexol leather kit strengthen the leather and increase lasting.
4) Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
If you are looking for best leather car seat cleaner get a glimpse at our number #4 choice. Leather honey leather conditioner is a USA based family owned business. They have been operating for over half a century. Our next choice for best leather cleaner for car is leather honey leather conditioner. This leather conditioner is highly concentrated. Being said that, 4 Oz can make up to 32 ounce (0.95 l) when mitigated with water.
This leather conditioner takes care of all types of leather products including car seats. Though it doesn’t contain any brassy chemicals but one single application lasts up to 6 months. The $20 price point may seem bit pricey to some people. But considering the end result it deserves a spot in top #4.
5) Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Conditioner and Cleaner
Chamberlain’s Leather Milk Conditioner and Cleaner is our number #5 pick for best leather conditioner for car seats. By applying very small amount it will wipe out grimes, dirt, fingerprints, etc. It is applicable to all types of colored leather. This product takes care of all types of dull, dry or scratched leather.
This leather cleaner and conditioner is made of all natural elements. It is chemical free and highly trusted by SaddleBack Leather Company. This product is very much efficient to eliminate highly nested dirt. The product comes in 8oz bottle which is not highly concentrated.
6) Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Chemical Guys leather care kit is a separate package of cleaner & conditioner. It’s a great product for those who prefer to have both separately. It’s a perfect product for car seats & interior. But it has a wide variety of application. Beside car seats, one can clean jackets, shoes, boots, handbags any many more. Unlike other cleaner it can be used in regular interval to keep the leather hydrated.
The solution is composed of well-balanced pH. While the cleaner is odorless, the conditioner leaves a pleasant odor. Most people prefer this solution as one of the best leather conditioner for cars because of its price point.
7) Meguiar's G10916 Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Meguiar’s G10916 Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is famous for its affordable price. It’s a dependable product among users as it is one of the best leather cleaner and conditioner for cars. It comes in spray bottle and effective for lightweight cleaning job. The best part of the solution is its non-greasy feature. Because of this feature it doesn’t leave any white remnant after use.
The solution is formulated with aloe, which ensures soft nature of the leather. Moreover, it is UV protected. That means the solution protect new leather against preterm aging, drying and cracking.
LEATHER CAR SEAT CONDITIONING and CLEANING GUIDE
Car seats are made from many different types of materials. Each material has its own unique properties. The most expensive and comforting seats are made from leather. It’s a popular material for car seats as reviewed by people all over the world.
If you have a car with leather seats, you need to keep it clean at all times. Leather seats are more prone to damage and stains than other materials. This is due to the high concentration of polymers that make the seats more comfortable.
To keep the shiny look of the seats forever, you need to keep it in shape. As a car reviewer, I would suggest you to clean at least on a weekly basis. We have suggested some best car leather cleaner and conditioner above. They are the best selling product as best auto leather cleaner. In the later section of this article we will discuss how to protect leather car seats.
Types of leather you will find in modern day cars
The most common type of seat cover you will find in car is leather seat cover. There are many types of leather used in car seats these days. You need to know types of car leather seat cover. Only after then you will be able to confirm the process to clean them. Let’s follow-up on the basic leather materials:
• Pigmented Leather
These are also referred to as coated or shielded leather. It has a synthetic coating that makes it more damage proof. The outer layer protects the materials inside from environmental and physical harm. Most cars these days have this leather encoded because it is easy to mass produce. Its efficiency is above average and trustworthy.
• Aniline Leather
This one is like cushions with no damage reduction capabilities. It’s made from Aniline polymer. It gives a soft appearance but has less durability. It is prone to stains and physical damage. If you drop your coke on it, you will surely regret it. It is cheap, but has no damage control. That’s why, it has been completely sacked by modern day automotive usage.
• Semi Aniline Leather
It’s the most efficient combination of above two types of leather. This type has versatility along with comfort. They can withstand a huge amount of force and still be stainless. The inner layer is made out of aniline and the outer layer comes from pigmented leather. This type of leather is widely used in cost efficient seating systems in automobile.
What causes damage to your car leather seat cover
The leather seat cover of your car can get damaged from different sources. It can be your regular meal or a scratch from your own nails. Let’s break it down to some possible reasons of leather seat cover damage:
- Any type of meals can damage your car. The oil in the meals can easily get absorbed by the cover. It can result in non-removable stains. You would have a very tough time getting rid of that.
- Your regular drinks can cause alarming damage to the car seats. The drinks get absorbed by the inner layer and cause damage from the inside. After some times, the whole area of contact may get dried up or the material can deteriorate.
- Sharp edges can create small to big cuts on the leather. Aside cuts, it can create stains or marks that are pretty tough to restore.
- Unusual force can also damage the inner layers of your car. The material is built with a limit in impending force. If you provide a greater force than it was built to withstand, it can create permanent damage to the material.
What's the best way to clean leather car seats
There’s no shortcut to maintaining a smooth interior. You need to follow strict guidelines to ensure proper maintenance. I searched for the perfect ways to keep my car leather seats fresh and clean. Beside, using some of the best car interior leather cleaner, we will also suggest procedures of cleaning leather car seats with soap and water. Let’s get started with it:
• Find the Abnormalities
Look for stains and cuts throughout the leather. Find out the damage that has been done in order to come up with the right solution. Closely inspect the whole material. Sometimes, the interior gets damaged but it can’t be seen from the outside. Broaden your search.
• Gather the Required Tools
You will need a number of tools to get rid of all the problems. Gather these things:
- A bucket
- Water Supply (Hot and Cold)
- Leather cleaning agent
- Leather conditioner
- Soft scrubber
- Clean cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
• Get the Best Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
There are certain amount of leather cleaners and conditioners in the market. You need to select the best leather cleaner and conditioner according to your leather type. To learn more regarding what’s good to clean leather car seats checkout the product review we did above. These cleaning agents are made specially for leather car seats.
• Start With Dry Cleaning
Start your cleaning process with dry cleaning. Get rid of the dirt by the help of the vacuum cleaner. After using the vacuum, use a fresh clean cloth to get the dirt out of tough areas.
• Wipe and Clean
Before applying any type of cleaning agents, wipe the seats with a damp cloth. It will help the cleaning agent in its way. After wiping the seats, take a mixture of ¼ cleaning agent and hot water. Dip a fresh clean cloth in the mixture and clean the seats. Don’t put extra pressure at a single place. Distribute the mixture all over the seats. Put some extra efforts on scratches and stains. Immediately after you’re done with that, clean it with a dry cloth.
• Deep Clean
There are countless tough spots in a car that you can’t simply reach through a cloth. Use a fresh toothbrush to clean those areas. You can simply dip the toothbrush in the cleaning agent solution and clean these tough spots.
• Clean Once a Week
If you don’t clean on a regular basis, there’s no use to thinking about having a polished interior. I would suggest every car owner to clean the seats at least once a week to keep it in shape.
How to condition leather seats
Conditioning indicates the practice to smoothen the leather to give it a fresh new glow. Conditioning comes after you’re done with the basic cleaning part. There are both high quality and low quality conditioners in the market. You got to figure out what’s the best leather conditioner for car seats. Don’t hesitate to pay some extra bucks. Buy the best quality conditioner to give your car seats the glow you want.
A water based leather conditioner is far better than silicone or wax conditioner. We have suggested some of the best automotive leather conditioner that is completely free from silicone or wax. Know about the compatibility of the conditioner well before applying it. Follow these processes in order to apply leather conditioner in the most efficient way:
- Before applying the whole conditioner, use it at a small spot. Check if the conditioner suits as it promises or not. If the conditioner seems ok, carry on.
- Take a sponge or a fluffy cloth. Dip the sponge or cloth in a considerable amount of conditioner and distribute it throughout the seats. Don’t put too much concentration at a single spot. It can revert the desired output and cause unwanted damage.
- After you’re done with applying the conditioner, leave your car under a shade. It would be best if you leave the car inside your garage for a night. Do not ever expose it to sunlight after applying conditioner. The UV ray can interact with the conditioner and damage the leather.
- Let the conditioner cool down and get soaked. Give a final touch with a dry cloth to clean the seats one last time.
- Repeat this process at least once a month to gain desired output.
Best practices to maintain leather car seats
In this section we will try to answer the most burning question of how to protect leather car seats from wear. Cleaning is one thing and maintaining the car after cleaning is another. They say, keeping something to yourself is harder than achieving it. That goes for car cleaning too. To maintain the clean environment inside your car, follow these simple tips:
- Don’t drop oil or water on the leather.
- Keep sharp objects away from the seats.
- If you drop any meal or drinks by mistake, try to clean it right away. For emergencies, always keep a water bottle and small amount of cleaning agent in the car. Use it as soon as you drop something. It will help in keeping stains away.
- Don’t keep your car under direct sunlight for too long. The UV ray can easily damage the leather. Instead, find a suitable parking spot with shades.
- Dry and wet clean at least once a week to keep the leather in shape. Inspect the leather seats every week to know if it needs conditioning or not.
- Sudden temperature and pressure difference can damage the leather too. Don’t turn off the ac in a hot weather. Don’t put extra pressure on the seats.
Keeping your car in shape should be your first priority. Cars need regular maintenance to provide the desired output. It’s not easy to perfectly clean your cars. Though you will find some car wash simulator game that might made you think it’s easy. You need to clean it like you mean it. Before finishing the article, let me remind you of some basic things. Know your leather type to find the best conditioner for it. Choose best product for leather car seats. Don’t buy a random one from the market. Instead, look for the details and find out the most compatible one. Night time is the best to clean your car. You need to give it at least 8 hours after cleaning to get the best results. Hope you find the best solutions to your query in this article. Good day!